Book Gems with Ms. Jewell
A resource for teens, teachers, and librarians to find really good reads. These books are honestly reviewed and thoughtfully curated so that you can read only the books that are true gems.
- The Magnolia Palaceby Fiona Davis “Frick. That’s whose house she was in. The Fricks, Lillian knew from their gossip columns, made their fortune in steel, and had two grown children. The newspapers had made a grateful fuss out of the fact that Mr. Frick had designated that his house eventually be left to the city and turnedContinue reading “The Magnolia Palace”
- Pride & PremeditationTold in verse, Chlorine Sky focuses on Skyy’s journey to understand herself in a world that doesn’t appreciate who she is, and find her voice in a space that doesn’t allow her to speak for herself.
- Chlorine SkyTold in verse, Chlorine Sky focuses on Skyy’s journey to understand herself in a world that doesn’t appreciate who she is, and find her voice in a space that doesn’t allow her to speak for herself.
- Super Fake Love SongSunny has always been content being the nerd. Then he meets super chic Cirrus and somehow tells her that he is in a rock band with his best friends. While he is falling for her, he is getting deeper into his lie. How will he keep the girl and stay true to himself?
- Court of SwansDelia, the only daughter of the late Earl of Dericott, struggles against her world of 1300s England when her seven brothers are arrested and she must fight to prove their innocence.
- Into the CloudsInto the Clouds tells the story of some early mountaineers determined to summit K2 – the world’s most dangerous mountain – and how their legacy persists to inspire other climbers even today.
- ThunderheadIn a world where Scythes must glean in order to keep the human population manageable, two teens are tested in ways that they never expected in the thrilling sequel to Scythe.
- She Persisted: Harriet TubmanThe compelling story of Harriet Tubman and her unwavering efforts to free slaves via the Underground Railroad. Perfect for younger readers who want an introduction to this historic figure.
- Girls on the LineTwo Chinese orphans try to make their way in the world of factory work, fighting for freedom, friendship, and their futures, even though the odds are stacked against them in a world that seems them as little more than a number.
Looking for a Specific Type of Book? Click here for Books by Category!
Students Love Book Gems
Book Gems makes it easy for teens of all reading levels to find a book that interests them. Each unique review offers multiple ratings with an honest adult review and thoughtful student input. Plus, the reviews give you insight into any blush-worthy moments that may need to be discussed during book talks or presentations.
Educators Love Book Gems
Teachers and librarians appreciate the curated questions, the honest input (“Would I buy this for my library?”) and the educator insight. Educators don’t have the luxury of reading every book – Book Gems makes it easier to find good books that you can bring into your classroom and gives you a heads up about any sensitive topics.
unique ratings per read
discussion questions per book
Looking to purchase books?
Visit my Bookshop to purchase the title here and many others.
Reviews are honest and original. Thanks to Netgalley, Edelweiss and Volumes for review editions. Frame vector created by BiZkettE1 – www.freepik.com which was the foundation of my banner art.